Outie belly button and the innie belly button are the two types of scars humans get after birth. Belly button is the scar that is left behind on the abdomen when the umbilical chord is cut off while on birth, its one common interrelation of all placental mammals. But when it comes to human belly bottom, be it the outie belly button or the innie belly button, its more conspicuous and i would say say specially in women. In a way belly button is a tangible reminder that points to us all that we were once so intimately connected to our mother. Nutrient and the oxygen supply from mom travel along the umbilical chord to the baby and at the time of birth, this chord is cut off and then few weeks past this happens, the cut off area turns out to be a concave scar which we call the innie belly button, this is what it usually forms to be. But few lesser cases you find the scar turning out to be something poking out, a bit protruding, that we call it the outie belly button.In humans we can see bit classified as outie belly button and the innie belly button, but they on actuals vary from individual to individual in terms of shape, size, depth and the overall appearances. They say Outie belly buttons are as low and exclusive as 10% and the innies represent the rest 90% belly button share. There is not exact reason why one gets an outie belly button or an innie, that’s more of a medical mystery. But still if you look to it, you can find lot floating and interesting theories about the outie belly button and the innie belly buttons and how they comes the way after the birth.One theory say that the innie belly button is normal, thereby making the outie belly buttons some aberration and obviously this theory never enjoys any widespread popularity among the outie belly community. There’s another theory and that says innie or outie belly button formation is governed by the doctor handling the umbilical chord. But its a fact that the chord is cut off several inches from the body, that leaves the belly formation impossible manipulated surgically at the time of birth. Few believe that an outie belly button is due to abdominal hernia. But these all are just floating theories which lack a real reason behind it and as of belly buttons, be it innie our outie, both are in demand and got admirers.